Former sri lanka
Former Sri Lanka U19 Cricketer Akshu Fernando Passes Away After 8 Years In A Coma
Fernando, 25, had been in critical condition since December 28, 2018, when he was struck by a train while crossing an unprotected railway track near Mount Lavinia Beach.
The incident occurred as he was returning from a team running session, leaving him with severe head injuries and multiple fractures. He was immediately placed on life support and remained under constant medical care, with his family by his side throughout his long battle for recovery.
Related Cricket News on Former sri lanka
-
Krishnappa Gowtham Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
Karnataka State Cricket Association: Former India all-rounder Krishnappa Gowtham has called time on his professional cricket career, announcing his retirement from all formats on Monday. The 37-year-old shared the news at a special press conference ...
-
Would Have Got Jaiswal And Jitesh In Place Of Ishan And Washington, Says Jaffer
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Former India opener Wasim Jaffer said he would have preferred Yashasvi Jaiswal and Jitesh Sharma to be included in the squad for 2026 Men’s T20 World Cup in place of Ishan ...
-
Pathan, Uthappa Earmark Abhishek, Varun As Key Figures In India's T20 WC Defence
T20 World Cup: With 50 days remaining for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 to get underway in India and Sri Lanka, anticipation around how the defending champions campaign would pan out has intensified. ...
-
IPL 2026 Auction: Cameron Green Fetches Rs 30 Crore From KKR In Mock Bidding
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Australia’s seam bowling all-rounder Cameron Green underlined his status as the most sought-after player ahead of the IPL 2026 auction, fetching Rs 30.5 crore from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in a ...
-
Abhishek Reminds Me Of Jayasuriya, He Instils Intimidation And Fear In Bowlers: Uthappa
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association: Former India cricketer Robin Uthappa reserved high praise for opener Abhishek Sharma, comparing the youngster to former Sri Lankan great Sanath Jayasuriya after his quick-fire knock set the tone for the ...
-
3rd T20I: No Need For Gill To Play Big Shots, Should Stick To Proper Strokes, Says Bangar
Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari: Former India batting coach Sanjay Bangar has advised Shubman Gill to rely on orthodox strokes to make runs in the third T20I against South Africa, rather than forcing big hits ...
-
Namibia Appoint Gary Kirsten As Consultant Ahead Of 2026 T20 WC
ICC Cricket World Cup: Former India head coach Gary Kirsten has been appointed as a consultant for the Namibian men’s cricket team ahead of the T20 World Cup 2026, which will take place in India ...
-
Defeat To SA, 3-0 Loss To NZ Reflect Broader Issues Beyond Just Outcomes, Says Kumble
Barsapara Cricket Stadium: Former India captain and coach Anil Kumble said the team’s recent setbacks - a 2-0 series defeat to South Africa coming just a year after the 3-0 loss to New Zealand - ...
-
2026 T20 World Cup: Rohit Sharma Named Tournament Ambassador
T20 World Cup: Former India captain Rohit Sharma — the man who lifted the Men’s T20 World Cup trophy in 2024 — has been named the tournament ambassador for the 2026 edition, to be jointly ...
-
If Smith Was To Retire, Handscomb Could Be Stable No. 4 In Tests: Chris Rogers
Sydney Cricket Ground: Former Australian cricketer and current Victoria coach Chris Rogers has endorsed Peter Handscomb as the best candidate to take over the No. 4 batting position in Tests once veteran Steve Smith retires. ...
-
India Beat Sri Lanka By 10 Wickets In Women’s T20 World Cup For The Blind 2025
Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur: India started their campaign in the first-ever Women’s T20 World Cup – Cricket for the Blind 2025 on a winning note, beating Sri Lanka by 10 wickets in the opening ...
-
India Have Gained Valuable Insights Into Australian Team Ahead Of T20 WC, Says Hayden
T20 WC: Former Australia opener Matthew Hayden feels India have gained rich insights about the Mitchell Marsh-led side, following the visitors’ clinching a 2-1 T20I series win. India managed to win the series after rain ...
-
‘Wait And See’: Hughes Questions Wood And Archer’s Fitness To Endure Five-Test Ashes Battle
Test Ashes: Former Australian cricketer Merv Hughes has raised concerns over Mark Wood and Jofra Archer’s full-series availability ahead of the all-important Ashes beginning on November 21 at the Optus Stadium in Perth. ...
-
Shahbaz Nadeem Analyses India’s Young T20I Squad, Names His Top Picks For 2026 WC
The T20 World Cup: Former India cricketer Shahbaz Nadeem shared his thoughts on India's current T20I setup, saying that the team has many talented players and will ‘definitely’ bring results. ...
Cricket Special Today
-
- 16 May 2026 01:08